Also a giveaway sponsored by Cosme Eyes is coming up! I'll be blogging about that next! Please look forward to that ^__^
I'm finally going to review the YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in no. 7 Lingerie Pink
You've probably seen me wear this lipstick in the past few posts but here is the proper review ^__^
I'm not a fan of lipsticks because my normal lip colour is quite red so there's no point wearing any lipstick I just put on pretty lipglosses instead and that's my lips done! That's why I have HEAPS of lipglosses but not much lipstick!
So it's not saying much when I say this is my favourite lipstick so far since I don't own much lipsticks so I can't do much comparing
I was reading the June issue of Popteen in Sydney and they were featuring this lipstick and Mizukitty said that it's a favourite amongst the Popteen models so she went and bought one and now she's in love with it
Like seriously do I need any more convincing than that? So I went to the YSL counter the next day at Myers and tried on the lipstick, instantly fell in love and bought it! It's a bit pricey for a lipstick though...$55 but I reckon it's worth it because I felt so happy after buying something so nice, so pretty and so expensive >__< (I get so sucked into everything featured in Popteen >__< Now Im dying to try RMK foundations because it's also a fav amongst the models.. gah!)
From official website:
"An object of desire, this award-winning lipstick is wrapped in a romantic, elegant gold case that exudes luxury. Each signature shade saturates lips in captivating color that’s intensely pigmented, and imparts an irresistible glossy shine. The long-lasting, comforting formula is highlighted with a unique Color-shine Complex that leaves lips visibly smoother, plumper and more radiant. Light, silky texture smoothes on a veil of satiny, sensual color that’s altogether alluring. Companion mirror on top of case ensures easy application any time. SPF 15."
To sum all that up...
- SUPER pretty packaging!
- The combination of gold and pink is so elegant and pretty! Remember I always get sucked in by packaging? Even if something is really good but the packaging sucks I hold back from buying it
- SUPER pigmented!
- Which is what I love so much about this lipgloss! Because my natural lip colour is quite red, usually light coloured lipstick don't really show up on my lips which is the main reason I'm not a fan of lipsticks but omg this lipstick is sooo pigmented as you can see from the photos below and I absolutely ADORE the colour! Perfect for a gyaru look since they all have that really cute baby pink lips! Now I finally found the answer on HOW that is achieved! So I'm super happy with this colour! ❤
- Leaves lips visibly smoother with a light silky texture
- Very moisturising and the texture is really creamy and the lipstick has a really yummy scent which I think smells like watermelons ^__^
- SPF 15 (I didn't even know that lol)
Dunno about the companion mirror thing because the top of the lipstick is so small you can hardly use it as a mirror
I made the photos larger in this post so you can see the colour of the lipstick on my lips better
I like to use Candy doll in Strawberry Milk on top to give a nice glossy finish~
I think the lip colour matches really well with my Candy Doll strawberry pink X peach pink blush *note the blush colours are not photoshopped on!*
In certain lighting it can look like a bubblegum/barbie pink
I really love this lipstick and the colour is perfect to complete the kawaii gyaru look! Of course if you don't like this colour I still really recommend this lipstick (but in the colour that you prefer) because of the creamy texture, it's pigmentation and adorable packaging and sweet scent!
I think this is going to be my holy grail lipstick ❤
Hope you guys found the review useful!